In this blog, we discover what tamoxifen is and why the Tamoxifen dosage 10mg is prescribed. First Tamoxifen is one of the oldest and most used hormonal medications used to treat early-stage hormonal-receptor-positive breast cancer in men and women. The research chemical Tamoxifen is also known as a SERM or selective estrogen receptor modulator. It is a substance approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the USA for therapy to help treat breast cancer. Tamoxifen also is used to lower breast cancer risk in high-risk cases, and treat other types of cancers.
How Does Tamoxifen Dose Work?
Tamoxifen is a man-made hormone treatment that works by interfering with the way the body’s hormones are made and how they work. With breast cancer, it depends on the estrogen hormone to grow. In the case of cancer Tamoxifen actually works by stopping estrogen reaching the cancer cells. The outcome of this means it can stop the growth completely or slow the growth down.
Tamoxifen Dosage for Breast Cancer Prevention
In most cases, the medication Tamoxifen only works on hormone-positive breast cancer. It is sometimes given after breast cancer surgery to lower the risk of breast cancer returning. Tamoxifen can also reduce the chance of getting cancer in the other breast. It is typically taken for 5 years. But, some studies have discovered taking it for 10 years can significantly reduce the risk of cancer returning. Sometimes Tamoxifen is given prior to surgery to shrink larger breast cancer and attempt to prevent the patient from having a mastectomy.
Other Tamoxifen 10 mg Uses
Tamoxifen is available to patients in tablet form and in 10mg, 20mg, and 40mg strengths. In the majority of breast cancer, cases 20mg daily is mostly prescribed for 5 years. But, in recent years experts have asked is 10 mg tamoxifen enough? With that studies have tested the lower Tamoxifen 10mg dosage on patients after surgery and it also reduced the risk of the disease returning. When patients have been prescribed these hormone therapies it is important to point out a few facts to think of whilst taking them:
- If you forget to take a tablet, do not take a double dose
- Keep the tablets at room temperature away from direct light and sun and in the same container
- Make sure you do not run out, have a new prescription before you go on holiday
- Keep away from children
Possible Tamoxifen 10 mg Side Effects
As with all medical treatments, there can be problems when taking medication. Any you are concerned about telling your doctor. Some of the problems that can occur with tamoxifen are:
- Sweats – a mild problem where some people experience increased sweating and hot flashes. Typically in most cases, they should decline after a few months. But, it is a good idea to cut back on alcohol, hot drinks nicotine, and caffeine. Wear thin layers of loose cotton clothes for comfort.
- Effects on the Vagina – there can be several changes in the vagina including dryness, discharge, and itchiness. Some non-hormonal gels and creams can help with these problems.
- Period Change – these can become irregular, lighter, or completely stop.
- Problems with eyes – in a few cases tamoxifen can cause cataracts and blurred vision, so it is important to tell your doctor.
- Indigestion – tamoxifen are advised to be taken with food or before bed, as they can cause indigestion and nausea. These problems should improve but if not medication can be prescribed to help this side effect.
Tamoxifen 10 mg Price
Tamoxifen Dosage 10 mg and 20mg vary across the USA and depend on the strength and amount of pills. Peptides USA quality research chemicals are the one-stop online supplier for quality research and pharmaceutical industry for tablet forms of tamoxifen to be produced. If you are searching for the liquid form of Tamoxifen Citrate 20mg per ml x 30ml you can buy it here now for the bargain price of about $25.